HVAC Service Program
Welcome to Thornton & Grooms Academy
- Have you completed a skilled trades program and want to focus on Residential HVAC?
- Are you looking for hands-on dedicated training in the classroom and the field?
- Do you love people, serving customers and building relationships?
- Are you looking to be paid and grow your career at the same time?
If so, T&G Academy for future HVAC Service Technicians may be a good fit for you!
HVAC Technicians: Earnings and Career Path
A T&G Academy HVAC Apprentice
- Is a working paid working apprentice from day one who participates in hands on HVAC Service technical training, as well as Customer Service Focused training
- Participates in a mix of online, lab, and in field training with various trainers and instructors
- Becomes Nexstar Service System certified & EPA certified
- Completes the 15-week program to move into a preventive maintenance / light service role
- Has a passion for customers, building relationships and trust, and helps them find a solution to their residential HVAC problems while also performing maintenance
- Is held accountable to KPIs and attendance requirements
What does it take?
- Ability to be put on T&G vehicle insurance, meeting the age requirement of 20 years old by completion of the 15 week program
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Completion of a skilled trades program with HVAC knowledge
- Ability to carry up to 100 pounds over short to moderate distances, physically capable of bending, kneel, squat, or lift for the duration of the workday
- Can enter confined spaces including and not limited to crawl spaces, attics, and basements
- Must be able to clear a 10-panel drug test, background check, and motor vehicle report for the last three years
What Benefits Can You Look Forward To?
- $15 an hour starting day one as an apprentice (wage increase after completion of program)
- Company provided tools, with a pay-back program
- PTO, paid community service days, and additional Wellness PTO (all PTO can be used after completion of program)
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, and life coverage; HSA match up to $1,500 in 1st year
- 1:1 match on retirement savings (up to 4%)
- Quarterly Profit Sharing (after completion of program)
- Uniform provided during program
- Upon completion of program company truck/van gas card, iPad, uniforms, and laundry service